It's been a hectic 24 hours.
The wind filled in yesterday evening and we pulled up the main and got the headsail out and have been making good time since then.
Unfortunately, Robert didn't remain anyone's father's brother for longer than a day, so I am a bit stumped on that issue. I will have to dive down into the engine room when it gets a little calmer.
At the moment it's 15 to 20 knots from the south and we are making great time, but it's a little 'splashy' to be opening hatches on deck above critical machinery, even if the machinery isn't machining currently.
A couple of other minor gremlins have raised their heads and, while not major issues, they do need to be looked at. So unless I can work some magic over the next 48 hours, we will be stopping in Vava'u, northern Tonga, to iron out the hiccups.
It's a tough call to make. Fiji has better facilities, but it's 500 miles further and there is a lot of reef and islands to navigate through, while Vava'u is pretty much straight in the bay to protected water. It's 550 nm to Vava'u from our current position and, at our speed now that's +/- 3 days away.
For now, we are making good progress, and I will see what I can sort out before making the final decision.